Health Care Expenditures:
Preventable illnesses make up approximately 70% of the burden of illness and the associated costs.
Preventable illnesses account for 8 of the 9 leading categories of death. They make up 980,000 deaths per year.
280,000 people die each year in the US because of obesity.
Almost 65% of Americans are overweight and 30.5% are obese.
Cost to the nation is between $69 and $117 billion per year.
It is estimated that in 2003 the US spent $1.66 trillion on Health Care. It is growing faster than the GDP.
Individuals with chronic diseases account for 75% of the nation’s medical costs, many of which can be prevented through an adjustment in lifestyle.
By the year 2013, it is estimated that the annual spending on healthcare is expected to reach $3.4 trillion and account for more than 18% of the GDP.
Eight reasons for a Worksite Wellness Program:
• Healthier employees will help offset the continuing rise in Health Care costs as well as increasing productivity
• There are many illnesses that may be avoided or minimized through a Worksite Wellness Program
• The work week is expanding, more hours as well as second jobs
• Many employee’s have a more sedentary workplace environment and would benefit from increases activity
• Employee stress levels are increasing
• Workplace diversity that needs to be capable of catering to different ethnicities
• A Worksite Wellness Program demonstrates that your company genuinely cares about its employee’s health and well being
• Oz Fitness makes it Easy and Cost Effective